Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wine Party Highlights

So, I think my wine party last night was a success.

Apparently wine sneaks up on you. Bastard. Because I was definitely intoxicated. Fun was had, though. Fun was had.

Highlights:

* My friend/co-worker Natalia and I kind of drunk called our boss. wow.
* I receieved SOO much wine. Everyone was very generous in that regard--Cab Sauv, Pinot Grigio, a Port, Reisling, Sparkling Cider, Merlot, Chardonnay. . .(and one bottle of Parrot Bay).

* Yes, that's right, Natalia brought rum to the wine party. . . I was proud. haha.
Thanks to Cheyenne running home, we had shot glasses.
* I had everyone sign in a "guest book" requiring them to give me their name, something that makes them happy and a favorite quote.
Best "happy" thing is a tie between Greg and Mike who wrote "Long Walks on the Beach with Shanon" and "Wine parties" respectively. :) (suck ups) hehe.
Best Quote goes to Ryan "Ah music, a magic far beyond what we do here."
* At one point Amanda and I went for a walk because I was upset about various things in my life. . .damn wine. It will bring it out everytime. . .thank God for good friends, though.

It is almost guaranteed that at any event where I am hosting or a part of, certain things will probably take place. . .I might sing. It is likely that I will ask "Shanon" questions such as "name 3 things you thought of when you first met so and so". I may offer massages to anyone randomly and I could ask people to write something to commemerate the night.
ALL OF THESE THINGS OCCURED LAST NIGHT. WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED?! :)

and more. . .

* Taking pictures with the girls
* bustng out my John Denver and Joni Mitchell records! HA!
* Having deep conversations with Lee and Robbie
* My frend Ryan showed up late because he had prior plans, but brought a great wine. And in my obliterated retardation, I attempted to cut him some cheesecake. I think I may have used a spoon, and it looked like mush, but my heart was right. ;)
* Lee, Robbie, Ryan and I sat on the floor and prayed toward the end of the night.

Who sits on the floor and prays at wine parties?? Apparently at my parties. HAHA.
That's just me, I guess. Ecclectic?-- All in one package you get ridiculousness, song, deep contemplations, questions, compassion and fire, randomness but also faithful loving.

I had a great time! I love all of you more than you know

No comments:

Post a Comment