Friday, July 17, 2009

Update Through Senses

Just for the record, I AM still trying to be consistent in blogging, but I've had one hell of a week. Not necessarily bad, but I've been working about 9-10 hours a day everyday for the last couple weeks. Walking apartments in the blistering heat, smiling, greeting, leasing, loving, helping, doing......AAAH! (haha) :) It's actually been a good week, just a very kinetic one. So, here's an update in all the senses. **

I've been listening to a lot of different things. . .oh Shanon the eclectic one. Here we go: Kings of Leon (current rock/pop group), Kari Jobe (Christian artist and someone I know from Texas.), Stevie Nicks (brilliant songwriter, powerful chops), Velvet Revolver (thanks to Ethan I now know that the band is composed of most of the Guns N Roses Crew and the lead singer from Stone Temple Pilots), old Dixie Chicks (wow....I know...I know. Dont' judge me). . .

I've been watching nonstop 'House' episodes (which I got at Best Buy thus receiving a $5 gift card-yay) which have been the best thing like...ever. It's a GREAT show. Laugh out loud funny, informative, good story lines, unique. . .
(I've intentionally stopped watching any type of Dateline or TMZ or Extra, since it is mostly about Michael Jackson, whom I actually think was very misunderstood and I enjoy his music very much . . .but come on!! Too much coverage is making even those who loved him, hate him. Sheesh.

I've been smelling a lot of rasberry/vanilla candles, since I just got them at Walmart and have been romancing myself for the last couple weeks. . . .(wow. romancing myself sounds scandalous. . .I'll say no more). I've been making a lot of baked goods (not unusual for me), so the aroma of vanilla creme or German chocolate has been amidst my olafactory senses lately. :)

I've been touching my new pet. Ok. Let me rephrase that: (or just explain more). I recently bought a very large fake green plant (shh don't tell him he's fake). His name is Dramatique Elevatesque Sloan. I know, it sounds like some contrived European bullshit name (minus the Irish Canadian last name) ha!!, but it is true to his nature. (What?) The thing is seriously over the top. Drama. Its leaves flow over my kitchen sink and almost as low as my couch as it promitately announces its importance in the room. Maybe he's a gay plant too. I'm not sure. We don't know each other all that well yet. But he's damn beautiful and he is on my counter looking over the apartment, hence the Elevatesque middle name. I was considering getting a pet (thank you Ryan for offering to accompany me to this very emotional event), but why get a real live thing that costs money and pees everywhere when you can just get a vibrant, green wonder which doesn't require watering, feeding or poop scooping. It's fabulous really. . .
I plan on getting a dog later. I do. . .but for now, Dramatique is the Queen of this domain, and if any of you ever come over, you'll see for yourself. :)

I've been tasting really freaking good Belgian Beer. Specifically Val-Diex and Mared Sous. . .SOOO good. Please go out to your nearest Liquor store and purchase. . . then partake of such beverages. I've also been tasting a lot of shakes and vitamin drinks, since I'm trying to up my protein/vitamin C intake. . .I prefer "Naked". (Hmm. I wonder if that's the first time someone has preferred something Naked.). . . :)

Anyways, so that's been me the last while in all the five senses.

And you know me, I can't leave you without some thoughtful question or statement. Here goes:

Can we truly believe in something that we cannot actually live up to?. . . or if we can't, does that mean that we don't truly believe in it? Does what we believe define us? Some people I've talked to think that what one does is more important than some random set of ideals someone has in their head. . .perhaps true, BUT don't the thoughts we have in our head (hence our beliefs) dictate the things we do?? Suppose they can't be separated. . .

Food for thought. . . as my friend once said--"if one is so inclined"

Everything is a choice.

LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment